Newly married couples have a lot to think about when it comes to their future. You’ll have to get insurance for your house, car, and health. You will also need to purchase some for your life. Build your lives on a solid foundation with life insurance. At Ramsey Insurance, you can get set up with the insurance programs you’ll need in Annapolis, MD.
Reasons Newlyweds Need Life Insurance
- Income Replacement. Usually, when you get married, you combine your income. You purchase or rent a larger home and possibly even a more expensive vehicle. Life insurance is an important part of replacing income after you’re gone. Your spouse will need to continue to pay the mortgage, auto, and other payments, which they wouldn’t be able to afford on a single salary.
- Repay Loans and Other Debts. You may be responsible for your spouse’s debts or loans after their death. Life insurance gives you the opportunity to help alleviate some of those burdens.
- Higher Rates Later. In some instances, life insurance can be less expensive when you’re young and healthy. The rates change as you age, so it’s better to get a policy sooner rather than later.
Types of Life Insurance
- Term Life – is used for a variety of purposes and set for a certain number of years, or terms. Terms are determined by you. They can be 5, 10, 15, or more years, but once the term is over you’ll need to start a new policy.
- Whole Life – lasts your whole life. This type of policy builds in value over time. The premiums remain the same throughout the life of the policy.
The next time you’re in Annapolis, MD, the independent agents at Ramsey Insurance can help you sort out your life insurance policy.