No one every expects an emergency to happen in their town or in their home. However, even in Annapolis, MD, anything can happen. To prepare for the unexpected, you should have a home emergency ready at all times. If you have never created a home emergency kit before, use this list to ensure you have the necessities:
- Food. You will definitely need food if you are stranded at your home during an emergency. You should have enough food for all of the people in your home for at least three days. Consider getting non-perishable food as well as food you can eat without cooking it in case you lose power.
- Water. Water is another item you need to have in your home at all times. You should have at least a gallon for every person to drink per day.
- Flashlights, batteries, candles, and matches. If you do end up losing power during an emergency, you will need a way to see around your home in the dark and these are the best items you can have on hand.
- A first aid kit. You can get one of these from a local store but make sure it is fully stocked in case you need it. This is a great way to take care of minor injuries if you are stranded at home.
- A portable charger. If you need your phone and you do not have power, you will thank yourself for having this on hand.
Creating a home insurance kit is not the only thing you can use to protect yourself and your home. You should also have a great home insurance policy from Ramsey Insurance. For more information on home insurance policies and to get a free quote, be sure to contact Ramsey Insurance serving Annapolis, MD today.